Sunday 29 July 2012

braithwaites english cream tea, camden stables market (5/5)

I've only been to Stables Market at night once before, and take my word when I say that it's only worth going at night. It is a typical touristy nightmare during the day. But still, we braved the crowds because we knew that this little gem would be worth it.

And this gem is housed in an adorable, quintessentially English caravan, complete with Union Jack bunting, coloured in a classy wallpaper-ish print with matching paper cups (which I kept for a few days before questioning the hygienic implications).

I stumbled across Braithwates most randomly on the web one day, and had to go and verify if the rave reviews spoke any truth at all. Believe me, they do.

Each cream tea set (£4.99) includes two halves of a scone (plain or with fruit, your choice) topped with smooth, rich clotted cream and strawberry jam, and an English tea. Perch carefully on these extremely old and partly broken steel benches facing the back of the caravan, and happily munch away. Ahhhhh, a perfect English afternoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment