Friday 10 August 2012

fish n chips time: north sea fish restaurant (4/5)

I had the pleasure of living down the road from the North Sea Fish Restaurant, a very reputable fish and chips place in London (I had no idea until my flatmate's dad pointed it out to us). I didn't actually try the it till two months before I moved out, which was probably for the best as I found myself at the takeaway shop far too many times to be considered healthy. Because despite what they tell you, fried fish and chips, no matter how good they are, just cannot be 'the healthiest meal for all the family'.

There is a very good range of fish to choose from, from sole to scampi. I liked the haddock best personally. Don't forget to buy the tartar sauce for an extra 80p, it's delicious!

Haddock and chips

I can't believe I forgot to take a photo of the shop front. Anyway, if you're at King's Cross station waiting for the Eurostar, it's worth the 5-minute trek down to Leigh Street for a dose of fish, though it may be a bit hard to find. Go down Euston Road away from McDonalds, turn left at Judd Street when you see O'Neils, then walk straight down and turn right at Leigh Street, where there is a bright green convenience shop. North Sea is just in the middle of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment